Summertime barbecues, bonfires, and swimming pools: everyone’s favorite summer smells. We’ve hit some rainy snags along the way, but summer is finally here. Enjoying the great outdoors can be a bit difficult when it comes to mosquitos and flies but no pest will ruin a backyard party faster than angry bees or wasps. With some helpful tips from Leduc Pest Solutions, you can enjoy time in your yard without having to bogged down by stinging insects. Like most pests, a strong offense is the best defense, a few preventative steps from Leduc Pest Control will help you keep bees away from your yard.
Stinging insects are most active between summer and early fall months. You can find them buzzing around your home among the flowers looking for food. With fifty thousand people per year seeking medical attention for bee stings, We know that it is especially important that while planning the party in your yard, you are sure to include stinger prevention solution in your prep-work. Spend more time enjoying your party and gusts and less time worrying about getting stung.
Tips on Prevention
Leduc Pest Control and The National Pest Management Association (NPMA) recommend the following steps to take for stinging insect prevention:
- Seal all visible cracks and crevices to keep stingers from moving indoors, and regularly inspect around the perimeter of the home for nests.
- During a picnic, cover all food when outside and be sure to keep tight fitting lids on trash bins.
- Drink out of clear containers, as stinging insects can sneak into aluminum cans unnoticed.
- If spending long periods of time outdoors, skip the perfume cologne or scented body wash in favor of unscented shampoos, soaps and lotions. Yellowjackets and other stinging insects are attracted to sweet-smelling fragrances.
- Wear closed-toe shoes, especially in grassy areas where hornets and other pests often nest.
- If you find a stinging insect nest on the property, don’t attempt to remove it on your own. Instead, contact a licensed pest control professional.
- Following our stinger-preventive tips will help you to get the most out of your summer and keep you from becoming another stinging statistic in the emergency room. Remember to reach out to Leduc Pest Extermination service for any help at (780) 900-7482